Finally, step 6 is complete. easy going I thought. The strips were cut easily and sewn quickly.
I left it for the night then ironed them the next day and measured them before cutting. Just as well I checked the were short by 1/4 inch! I has sewn them with the zigzag foot on my machine which is wider than the normal foot. Ripit ripit ripit was the next order of the day. Finally after correcting that all went well. Then I found 2 extra strips beside the chair I had sat in to unpick the strips! Well I now have extra strips for whatever comes next. Roll on step 7.
Despite how it looks she stays like this for quite a while.