Saturday, February 1, 2014

Celtic Solstice Top Completed

I have finished adding the borders to my Celtic solstice. It is now a large lap quilt for me. I think I will hand quilt it on the big floor frame once I complete the current hexagon quilt I have on it.
Or I might just see how friendly I can become with my domestic machine. Thank you to Bonnie Hunter for this lovely mystery. There is a link here to see what everyone else has done with their mystery, enjoy!

 This picture below shows the true colours I was a little uncertain about the grey when putting all the components together but that against the black and autumn rust tones is perfect. I have a black batik for the back and will bind it either with grey or black (of which I already have binding ready made).
 Meanwhile my Australian EasyStreet has made it to our bed where Lady and Spud always have an afternoon nap on my side of the bed!